Friday, July 10, 2009

Google Chrome, avoid the flames.

Ever since it was released last year, I've been enjoying Google Chrome as a web browser. I have to say I was rather satisfied with how quickly it started up, and how simple it was to use. At the moment, tabs in Internet Explorer were nonexistent, and FireFox tabs had to be opened in the file menu- Google Chrome include a new tab button next to the existing tab at the top of the browser [simple, I know, but I'm a simple person].

It was blissful, and I found myself a Chrome enthusiast, even though there are some minor glitches here and there [of course, these might not have been universal]. These include kinks of mine such as not giving me any notice about how much time is left in a download, some Blogger issues when messing with the layout, automatically starting downloads without first asking for consent, and other things I do not care to get into at the moment. However, Mozilla has recently released version 3.5 of their web browser... and I am genuinely pleased.

Coincidentally, FireFox has been getting more usage from me as of late. But do not fret Google, as long as Bing does not include my blog in their search, you're still my number one search engine.

[On a similar note, Google is more or less trying their hand at the Operating System business.]

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I heard about that google OS stuff. They really are going to attempt to "TAKE OVER THE WORLD" (In 1950's film voice over).

    TRF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonsense! There is no reason to suspect that Google is plotting to take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha. Even better, the church of google gets hate mail!?.

    Funny deluded stuff. Some people need to read up on irony.

    TRF

    ReplyDelete
  4. And satire.

    The Flying Spaghetti Monster hate mail is also lacking in intelligence.

    ReplyDelete