Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday...sunday...

I don't know what it is about Sundays. The day is usually nice. Quiet, even. Today, the sun is hitting just right, and the wind is soothing. 

While on a stroll, I encountered an elderly woman in a wheel chair waiting at a stop light. Or, so I thought she was waiting. I waited for the light to turn green, to continue on. When I reached the other end of the street, I turned around.

She was probably waiting to cross at the other light.

But she didn't.

She just sat there. Sitting. Perhaps thinking. Thinking about her life. Or how beautiful the day seemed. Maybe we shared a thought.

Maybe she thought, Look at him. Going somewhere. Having a destination. Why can't he stop and enjoy what he has. Enjoy the moment, because it wont last forever. It wont last forever..

Maybe she was waiting.

Waiting for everybody else to slow down, and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment