Sunday, March 22, 2009

From the Depths

Haven't posted in a while. But have not forgotten this blog. 

I've always had a fear of finding myself in the middle of a large body of water (such as an ocean), only to come face-to-face with an inhabitant of the water worthy of being called Goliath- A whale.
Do you know how horrified I would be? Do you know how perplexed I'd be trying to figure out why for the life of me I would be there in the first place? What could be worse?

Oh, right. This could be much worse. Fortunately I'm 150-million years too late to worry about him.

Click here for the article on this leviathan. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one. I love to be in the water and swim, but I do have ONE fear of water. I hate hate hate being in a large body of water in which I can't SEE anything around me or below me. Something about imagining hundreds or even thousands of feet of water below me lurking with things I don't know. I'm fine in the water on a beach, but once you get out into the parts where you can't see anything...I start to freak a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being eaten alive, whether in the ocean or on land is not a good way to die. This is something I've been thinking about lately, 99.9999999% of all deaths in nature are not natural causes. No antelope dies from old age. When they get to old to keep up with the heard, they are eaten alive. The same can be said about the sick. Humans are the only species on earth when your death isn't likely to be caused by tooth and claw.

    TheNewAtheist
    www.thenewatheist.com

    ReplyDelete