Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife

Sometimes it's nice to be able to accept solitude and read a book that might tickle your fancy. Lately, I've been reading a bit of non-fiction books. And currently, I'm reading Spook, by Mary Roach.

Now, the sub-heading for the book is "Science tackles the afterlife", so my skeptical interests led me to begin reading this book- And so far (I've read about 100 pages of the book), I must say I'm impressed. 

The author, though I do not know if she leans towards skepticism or belief at this point (most likely skepticism), she does a good job of detailing some incredibly ludicrous sounding ideas about the after life, the soul, and the condition of the body after death to the reader, and offering sound explanations/criticisms for some ideas (whether they be her own, or the research of another).

You should check it out- If anything, for laugh value (some people have some pretty kooky ideas).


Oh, and for the record, I remain unconvinced for the existence of an afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment