Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Head

Today, while wandering about, I notice something upon some young man's forehead. Some kind of bluish-gray mark that plagued what would otherwise be clean skin.

I thought nothing of it, rather that the man probably did something that allowed him to obtain the mark, and his friends didn't dare say a word in order to avoid embarrassing him.

But then, I saw that marking again. This time, on a man hanging out with his girlfriend (or wife?).

I began to get suspicious.

Then, towards the end of the evening, I ran into the marking once more. And I realized something.

Today was none other than Ash Wednesday

(I'll keep MY forehead clear of any ashes, thank you.)

2 comments:

  1. One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

    -Robert A. Heinlein

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bizarre. I've bever seen those marks on anyone, but i'll keep a closer eye out now.

    TRF

    ReplyDelete